On this week’s show the Humans (Joe, Caleb, and Jason) discuss TwitchCon, Keeping Space safe from ourselves, Chevy and the Military, and protecting the bees in Hawai’i. Plus so much more!
Listen live Tuesdays from 7pm to 9pm on 103.3 FM KSCU Santa Clara, or live online at http://www.kscu.org/
Destiny….are you really surprised?
- The Birth of a Nation – In the antebellum South, Nat Turner (Nate Parker) is a literate slave and preacher, whose financially strained owner, Samuel Turner (Armie Hammer), accepts an offer to use Nat’s preaching to subdue unruly slaves. As he witnesses countless atrocities – against himself and his fellow slaves – Nat orchestrates an uprising in the hopes of leading his people to freedom.
- The Girl on the Train – Rachel (Emily Blunt), who is devastated by her recent divorce, spends her daily commute fantasizing about the seemingly perfect couple who live in a house that her train passes every day, until one morning she sees something shocking happen there and becomes entangled in the mystery that unfolds.
- Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life – Rafe has an epic imagination…and a slight problem with authority. Both collide when he transfers to an oppressive, rule-crazy middle school. Drowning in do’s and don’ts, Rafe and his scheming best friend Leo hatch a plan to break every rule in the school’s Code of Conduct. It’s Ferris Bueller meets Home Alone as their battle with Principal Dwight explodes into chaos both real and imagined.
- Revolution Radio by Green Day – The 12th full-length studio release for the Northern California punk trio was self-produced and includes songs about gun violence in the US as well as a track lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong wrote for the movie he stars in.
- Heart like a Levee by Hiss Golden Messenger – The sixth full-length release for M.C. Taylor was self-produced with Bradley Cook.
- Three by Phantogram – The third full-length release for the New York duo of Sarah Barthel and Josh Carter features contributions from Darby Cicci of the Antlers, Matt Chamberlain, Ricky Reed (aka Wallpaper), and Dan Wilson of Semisonic.
- Requiem by Goat – The third full-length release for the Swedish alternative band is said to be a folk album and features pan flutes.
- Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide – First Released Oct 4, 2016 – PS4, XONE
- Aragami – First Released Oct 4, 2016 – PC, PS4
- Mafia III – Coming Oct 7, 2016 – PS4, XONE, PC, MAC
- Paper Mario: Color Splash – Coming Oct 7, 2016 – WIIU
- Viking Squad – First Released Oct 4, 2016 – PC, MAC, PS4
- Breathing Fear – Coming Oct 7, 2016 – PC
- The project is a non-linear survival / adventure.
- This story is about a man whose fate has led to an empty house in the woods. This place is incredible way makes it even afraid of his own shadow, driving him crazy. Can he keep his mind and reveal all the secrets of the cursed house?
- Gloomy whip up the atmosphere
- Screamer is not terrible. Scary thing is that you will feel in this house.
- Game winner Games Jam: Gamm
- Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV – A movie tie in to a game that hasn’t been released yet. While the game is the fifteenth in a series, the movie doesn’t assume a deep knowledge of the lore of the Final Fantasy universe.
- The Purge: Election Year – For three years, that we know of, there has been one night a year where world goes berserk, without any consequence. This year a presidential candidate is caught out doors during this fateful night! Will this candidate see the next debate? Hopefully Frank Grillo’s character can keep his survival streak going.
- Swiss Army Man A man stranded man finds an unusual gift, a corpse. It turns out to be the corpse of Daniel Radcliffe, and it also turns out to be a very useful corpse, the survivor is able to use his new … tool, to get off the island and back to his sweetheart. Reviewers are a bit split over the abundance of fart humor, some found it an amusing conceit others found it rather low brow.
- X-Men: Apocalypse – The oldest mutant known has arisen in the current, er well the 80’s and seeks to bend the human populace to his will once again. While the cast is full of favorites, the critical feelings are tepid.
- Sharknado: 4th Awakens – Weird weather and deadly aquatic life. Movie gold.
- Justice League #6 – “State of Fear” part 1! A new story arc for the latest version of the Justice League. While facing giant monsters from the beyond is a heroic task, sometimes it’s the personal struggles like getting up the nerve to ask out The Flash, which can put even the Green Lantern on pins and needles.
- NOW Champions #1 – Civil War II has concluded, and in it’s wake Ms. Marvel, Nova, and Spider-man decide to form their own team! They are joined by Cyclops, Viv Vision, and Totally Awesome Hulk (Yes, his actual character name). With story by Mark Waid and art by Humberto Ramos (my inner art geek is squeeeeeing)
- Also NOW Doctor Strange looks good with art by Chris Bachalo (another art geek squee).
- Rise of the Black Flame #2 – Rumors of dark cults reviving human sacrifice lead a group on a nightmare trek into the heart of the jungle.
- The Walking Dead #159 – The title still going strong, and the war carries on.
- TMNT Universe #2 – The Turtle brothers are surrounded and trapped with them is … Baxter Stockman! With these strange allies find an uneasy peace?
Wow Cool Recommends!
- Everyone wants and needs @benjaminmarra ‘s American Blood
- Best American Comics 2016
- Paper Girls
- Shade the Changing Girl 1
- Hi Fructose 41
- Big week for John Allison with issue 19 of Giant Days and the third collection of same.
- Star Trek Discovery delayed to May 2017
- Fish lose their unique personality when they go to ‘school’Fish lose their unique personality when they go to ‘school’
- Twitch will now let you upload pre-recorded videos
- This Day in History
- Elan’s plan to get your butt to Mars is a big f-ing deal
- Bees of Hawai’i now an endangered species
- Keeping the solar system safe for non-terrestrial life