On this week’s show the Humans (Joe, Caleb, and Jason) discuss a new shade of blue, self driving chairs, a Harley Quinn spin off movie, and so much more!
Listen live Tuesdays from 7pm to 9pm on 103.3 FM KSCU Santa Clara, or live online at http://www.kscu.org/
Saw the new Magnificent Seven
Walked into the studio like a normal human being, well mostly normal anyway.
Watched Kimi Ni Todoke
- Deepwater Horizon – On April 20th, 2010, the world’s largest man-made disaster occurred on the Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico. This film honors the brave men and women whose heroism would save many on board, and change everyone’s lives forever.
- Masterminds – David Ghantt (Zach Galifianakis) discovers the true meaning of adventure far beyond his wildest dreams. He is an uncomplicated man stuck in a monotonous life. Day in and day out he drives an armored vehicle, transporting millions of other people’s money with no escape in sight. The only glimmer of excitement is his flirtatious work crush Kelly Campbell (Kristen Wiig) who soon lures him into the scheme of a lifetime. Along with a group of half-brained criminals led by Steve Chambers (Owen Wilson) and an absurd heist plan, David manages the impossible and makes off with $17 million in cash.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – When Jake (Asa Butterfield) discovers clues to a mystery that spans alternate realities and times, he uncovers a secret refuge known as Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As he learns about the residents and their unusual abilities, Jake realizes that safety is an illusion, and danger lurks in the form of powerful, hidden enemies. Jake must figure out who is real, who can be trusted, and who he really is.
- American Honey – Star (Sasha Lane), a teenage girl from a troubled home, runs away with a traveling sales crew who drive across the American Midwest selling magazine subscriptions door to door. Finding her feet in this gang of teenagers, one of whom is Jake (Shia LaBeouf), she soon gets into the group’s lifestyle of hard-partying nights, law-bending days, and young love.
- Remember Us to Life by Regina Spektor – The seventh full-length release for the Los Angeles-based singer-songwriter was produced by Leo Abrahams.
- American Band by Drive-By Truckers – The 11th full-length release for the Southern rock band formed by Mike Cooley and Patterson Hood features songs about such topics as immigration, gun violence, politics, and race.
- Head Carrier by Pixies – The sixth full-length release for the alternative rock band was produced by Tom Dalgety and is its first with bassist Paz Lenchantin as a full-time member.
- Dusk by Ultimate Painting – The third full-length release for the London-based duo of Jack Cooper and James Hoare was recorded in their home studio.
Darkest Dungeon Tuesday – Sep. 27 PS4, VITA
Clustertruck Sep 27, 2016 PCMACLNX
FIFA 17 First Released Sep 27, 2016 PS4, XONE, PC, PS3, X360
Forza Horizon 3 First Released Sep 23, 2016 XONE, PC
XCOM 2 Expanded Release Sep 27, 2016 PS4, XONE Burly Men At Sea Coming Sep 29, 2016 PC, MAC
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople – A young city kid learns to love life in the country with his new foster family.
- The Shallows – A young woman is trapped 200 yards from shore by a great white shark.
- Warcraft – The world of Azeroth is under attack from beings beyond the Rift! Will the great orcs bring the world to ruin or is there a chance for peace? While it has mixed reviews it is still the highest grossing videogame movie to date.
- Central Intelligence – It’s a high school reunion! And the kid who got dumped into the trash can is now a dangerous CIA agent and the one who did the dumping is now an accountant. The accountant, Kevin Hart, learns all sorts of new things as the Agent, Dwayne Johnson, ropes him into a mess that could get them both killed.
- Batman Beyond: Rebirth #1 – Time has passed since the wide destruction, now Gotham City rises up taking hold of it’s bright destiny. Naturally not all are as pleased with this turn of events, and old adversaries of the Bat begin to move again.
- Spider-man/Deadpool #9 – Itsy-Bitsy has a set a web of terror for our friendly neighborhood hero and the Merc with the Mouth! Note this title does not last long on the selves, get it while the getting it good!
- Tarzan on the Planet of the Apes #1 – Raised as brothers but separated by slave traders, Tarzan and his ape brother Caesar reunite when the war between man and ape takes them from the jungles of Africa to the center of the earth. (Via Previews)
- Saga #38 – “The War For Phang,” Part Two. When your babysitter’s a ghost, death is never very far away. Mature Readers. (via Previews)
- Micronauts: Revolution #1 – On the run and harassed by minions of Baron Karza, the Micronauts come across a discovery that will change all they thought they knew about the universe.
Wow Cool Recommends!
A big week for hot series: – New Adventure Time Comics – Descender – Disney Princess – Island – MLPFIM – Saga – Over the Garden Wall
The collection of Ancestor by @MalachiWard & Matt Sheean from Island has it’s world debut at our table at @APExpo in 2 weeks.
We are not kidding about Disney Princess! It’s the print edition of Amy Mebberson’s Pocket Princesses https://goo.gl/qOQ2Wl
It’s October Previews week and Initial orders for November books close on Thursday night. Here’s ours: http://bit.ly/2dnZWWW
- Who Knew? Cats Like to Work for Their Food
- Harley Quinn spinoff film is in the works, Warner Bros. confirms
- Gut pathogens thrive on body’s tissue-repair mechanism
- This Day in History
- DC’s Rebirth, highest sales since 1996
- Science has found a new shade of blue
- The Tasmanian Devil is not going down without a fight