On this week’s show the Humans (Caleb and Jason) discuss a DARPA funded arm you can buy! (if you can afford it), Robots wear tennis shoes, putting eyes on your cow’s to save it’s life, some new life for the Sega Saturn, drones help us check air planes and more!
Listen live Mondays from 7pm to 9pm on 103.3 FM KSCU Santa Clara, or live online at http://www.kscu.org/
- Voltron via Netflix S1
- Started Shannara Chronicles S1
Watch Party –
Nothing this week.
- Ice Age: Collision Course – Scrat’s epic pursuit of the elusive acorn catapults him into the universe where he accidentally sets off a series of cosmic events that transform and threaten the Ice Age World.
- Lights Out – When Rebecca (Teresa Palmer) left home, she thought she left her childhood fears behind. Growing up, she was never really sure of what was and wasn’t real when the lights went out…and now her little brother, Martin (Gabriel Bateman), is experiencing the same unexplained and terrifying events that had once tested her sanity and threatened her safety.
- Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie – Edina and Patsy are still oozing glitz and glamor, living the high life they are accustomed to; shopping, drinking and clubbing their way around London’s trendiest hot-spots. Blamed for a major incident at an uber fashionable launch party, they become entangled in a media storm and are relentlessly pursued by the paparazzi.
- Star Trek Beyond – The crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise explores the furthest reaches of uncharted space, where they encounter a mysterious new enemy who puts them and everything the Federation stands for to the test.
- Retrograde by Crown the Empire
- Everybody Looking by Gucci Mane
- Dress to Impress by Keith Sweat
- Look Park by Look Park – Solo project for Fountains Of Wayne’s Chris Collingwood
- Oeprator by MSTRKRFT
- I Am Setsuna – Coming Jul 19, 2016 – PS4, VITA, PC
(Titles are available in both formats unless otherwise stated)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Two of DC’s mightiest heroes face off. The fans and the critics were rather mixed on this one. Although most agreed that Wonder Woman was the best part of the film.
- Miles Ahead – A film directed and staring Don Cheadle, about famed jazz singer Miles Davis. The film is something of a bio pic but the story is fictional about a search for a stolen recording.
- O.J.: Made in America – A mini series about the trial of O.J. Simpson. While it is about the trial, this series expands the context a bit to also show O.J.’s life before and after the trial, and to look at race relations in Los Angeles.
- Orphan Black Season 4 – The moment of peace for the sisters is fleeting. A mysterious call from an ally of Beth sends things in to motion again. This time the sisters are united in finding an end to the threat to their lives.
- Astro City #37 – The Broken Man returns to Astro City, and his memories give startling insight into the history of the city and disturbing possibilities for its future.
- Black Widow #5 – Natasha’s secrets have drawn her from the “straight and narrow” path. She is also pursued by Agent Elder, but is he another victim of dark secrets or is he another threat.
- Black Hammer #1 – Once they were heroes of Spiral City, now they are stranded in an alternate dimension, which seems to be a perpetually pleasant farming town. Yet even here trouble finds them.
- Hunt #1 – A modern spin on Irish mythology, puts Orla Roche between the realms of dreams and the land of the real.
- Back to the Future: Citizen Brown #3 – The Tannens have been rousted! Now in 1986 Marty is faced with a new Hill Valley, a fortress of a town under the thumb of Citizen Brown.
Wow Cool Recommends!
- No new recommendations this week.
- DARPA funded robo arm coming soon to a commercial product
- Curiosity back up and running
- Underwater microscope comes back with amazing footage
- Pokemon Go is not giving up your Google data
- A little more life for the Sega Saturn
- Cattle herding bot
- Ghostbusters: Answer the Call is not coming to China