On this week’s show the Humans (Joe, Jason, Caleb via phone) discuss Hospitals printing parts, anti-drone guns, Emilia Clarke joins Han Solo film, and HarmonQuest. Plus, Luke Cage and so much more!
Listen live Tuesdays from 7pm to 9pm on 103.3 FM KSCU Santa Clara, or live online at http://www.kscu.org/
- Played Chapters 1 & 2 of BF1 campaign.
- Harmonquest episode 1
Luke Cage Episode 7
- Jackie – Jackie is a searing and intimate portrait of one of the most important and tragic moments in American history, seen through the eyes of the iconic First Lady, then Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy (Natalie Portman). Jackie places us in her world during the days immediately following her husband’s assassination. Known for her extraordinary dignity and poise, here we see a psychological portrait of the First Lady as she struggles to maintain her husband’s legacy and the world of “Camelot” that they created and loved so well.
- The Eyes of My Mother – In their secluded farmhouse, a mother, formerly a surgeon in Portugal, teaches her daughter, Francisca, to understand anatomy and be unfazed by death. One afternoon, a mysterious visitor horrifyingly shatters the idyll of Francisca’s family life, deeply traumatizing the young girl, but also awakening some unique curiosities. Though she clings to her increasingly reticent father, Francisca’s loneliness and scarred nature converge years later when her longing to connect with the world around her takes on a distinctly dark form.
- Things to Come – What happens when the life you’ve worked so hard to build falls apart all at once? Nathalie (Isabelle Huppert) is a philosophy teacher with a seemingly settled existence, juggling a rich life of the mind with the day-to-day demands of career and family—including frequent visits to her drama queen mother (Édith Scob). But beginning with the bombshell revelation that her husband of twenty-five years is leaving her, one by one the pillars of Nathalie’s life start to crumble. For the first time in ages, she finds herself adrift, but also with a newfound sense of liberation. With nothing to hold her back, Nathalie sets out to define this new phase of her life and to rediscover herself.
- Best and Most Beautiful Things – In rural Maine, a bright and magnetic 20-year-old woman named Michelle Smith lives with her mother. Legally blind and on the autism spectrum, Michelle defies labels as she chases big dreams with humor and bold curiosity. Searching for community, Michelle explores an uncensored world online and experiences a provocative sexual awakening. Her joyful story of self-discovery celebrates outcasts everywhere.
- Before the Dawn [Live] by Kate Bush – The second live release for the British singer-songwriter is a three-disc album featuring songs from her her month-long residency at London’s Hammersmith Apollo.
- Blue and Lonesome by The Rolling Stones -Recorded over three days, the latest full-length release of blues covers for the rock band features Eric Clapton on guitar on two tracks.
- Hamburg Demonstrations by Peter Doherty – The second solo release for the Babyshambles/The Libertines frontman was produced by Johann Scheerer.
Steep First Released Dec 2, 2016 PS4, XONE, PC
Super Mario Maker 3DS Portable release Dec 2, 2015 3DS
Final Fantasy XV First Released Nov 29, 2016 PS4, XONE
New On Disk:
- The BFG – Based on a children’s novel by Roald Dahl by the same name, about a young orphan girl that is taken to Giant Country where there are many adventures.
- Don’t Breathe – Three friends break into a blind man’s house to pull off the ‘perfect heist’. Now if that worked out as planned, this wouldn’t be much a movie. This low budget thriller did garner some rather good reviews.
- Pete’s Dragon – A big budget remake of a classic 1977 Disney film, yet this film takes a very different spin, most notably in the absence of the musical numbers. In this version the daughter of a forest ranger meets a ten year old boy who claims to live in the forest with a dragon.
- Batman Annual #1 – While the fresh snow hushes the sounds of the world, it doesn’t stop the disquiet that is life on the streets of Gotham. It is also why the Bat is ever present.
- Ghost Rider #1 NOW – The new Spirit of Vengence is back! Robbie Reyes is still fighting the possession of his body by the spirit of his uncle Eli, which leaves the question, who is actually Ghost Rider.
- Serenity: No Power in the ‘Verse #2 – Mal and crew must make some uneasy alliances to rescue their friend before the agent of the Alliance can get there.
- Saga #40 – the “War for Phang” enters it’s fourth chapter, shadowy questions of the future loom ahead.
- M.A.S.K.: Mobile Armored Strike Kommand #1 – The events of Revolution are still reverberating across the titles of IDW. Now the M.A.S.K. team must wade into new waters as they continue to keep the black ops team V.E.N.O.M. in check.
Wow Cool Recommends!
- Game of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke joins cast of Han Solo Star Wars film
- BATTLEFIELD 1 CINEMATIC DIRECTORS TO HELM FEMALE MILITARY ACTION MOVIE
- This Day in History