On this week’s show the Humans (Joe, Caleb, and Jason) discuss the flight/height of birds/insects, why turtles have shells, Seth Rogen’s Singularity, Harambe in pokemon, and sing Happy Birthday without getting sued! Plus, geek socks(?) and so much more!
Listen live Mondays from 7pm to 9pm on 103.3 FM KSCU Santa Clara, or live online at http://www.kscu.org/
- watched the cult film The Warriors and the classic film The Sting
- Stranger Things – is possibly the best Netflix show evar!
- RetroWatched: The Real Ghostbusters ep. 1
- When Two Worlds Collide – In this tense and immersive tour de force, audiences are taken directly into the line of fire between powerful, opposing Peruvian leaders who will stop at nothing to keep their respective goals intact. On the one side is President Alan Garcia, who, eager to enter the world stage, begins aggressively extracting oil, minerals, and gas from untouched indigenous Amazonian land. He is quickly met with fierce opposition from indigenous leader Alberto Pizango, whose impassioned speeches against Garcia’s destructive actions prove a powerful rallying cry to throngs of his supporters.
- Ben-Hur – the epic story of Judah Ben-Hur (Jack Huston), a prince falsely accused of treason by his adopted brother Messala (Toby Kebbell), an officer in the Roman army. Stripped of his title, separated from his family and the woman he loves (Nazanin Boniadi), Judah is forced into slavery. After years at sea, Judah returns to his homeland to seek revenge, but finds redemption.
- Kubo and the Two Strings – Clever, kindhearted Kubo ekes out a humble living, telling fantastical stories to the people of his seaside town. But his relatively quiet existence is shattered when he accidentally summons a mythical spirit from his past which storms down from the heavens to enforce an age-old vendetta. Now on the run, Kubo joins forces with Monkey and Beetle and sets out on a thrilling quest to save his family and solve the mystery of his fallen father, the greatest samurai warrior the world has ever known.
- War Dogs – Two friends in their early 20s (Jonah Hill and Miles Teller) living in Miami Beach during the Iraq War exploit a little-known government initiative that allows small businesses to bid on U.S. Military contracts. Starting small, they begin raking in big money and are living the high life. But the pair gets in over their heads when they land a 300 million dollar deal to arm the Afghan Military
- The Childhood of a Leader [OST] by Scott Walker – The soundtrack to Brady Corbet’s 2015 film that was inspired by a short story by Jean-Paul Sartre about the childhood of a future Fascist leader is the second film score for the avant-garde artist.
- Moon Saloon by Arc Iris – The second full-length release for the Rhode Island indie rock trio led by Jocie Adams was self-produced and mixed by David Wrench.
- Golden Sings That Have Been Sung by Ryley Walker – The third full-length release for the singer-songwriter was produced by Wilco’s Leroy Bach.
- Sweatbox Dynasty by Tobacco – The fourth full-length release for the Pennsylvania producer was recorded on cassette and then into a sampler to create the 12 tracks.
- 25 25 by Factory Floor – This is the second full-length release for the British electronic duo of Gabe Gurnsey and Nik Void (drummer Dominic Butler left the band after the release of its debut in 2013).
Bound Coming Aug 16, 2016 PS4
Inversus Coming Aug 16, 2016 PC, PS4
Grow Up Coming Aug 16, 2016 PS4, XONE, PC, WIIU
Okhlos Coming Aug 18, 2016 PC, MAC, LNX
(Titles are available in both disk formats unless otherwise stated)
- Raiders! The Greatest Fan Film Ever Made – A crowd pleasing documentary about a group of 11 year olds that attempt to recreateRaiders of the Lost Ark shot for shot in their “backyard”
- Angry Birds: the Movie – From deep in the “It could be worse” file is Angry Birds: the movie. The pigs tricked the birds and stole the eggs, now it’s time for payback!
- Suicide Squad #1 – A mysterious cosmic item falls to earth, and it’s up to Amanda Waller’s Task Force X, aka The Suicide Squad, to keep it and the earth safe.
- Poe Dameron #5 – Poe and crew are locked away, in a Republic prison. But can it hold them?
- Briggs Land #1 – The open space called Briggs Land, in it Grace Briggs has taken control of the family assets and sparked a whole new level of internal strife in the family. Strife so deep it might even catch the attention of the federal government.
- Spawn Kills Everyone! #1 – Spawn reigns supreme and he plans to keep it that way!
- Star Trek #60 – This is the finale! The five year mission is complete!
Wow Cool Recommends!
- James Kochalka’s (SUPER F*CKERS FOREVER)[http://comicsalliance.com/?p=220973] #1 from IDW is the hot book of the week.
- Sleeper hit of the week is definitely the complete (Private Beach)[http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN161434].
- On the art comics side the (Spanish Fever)[http://www.fantagraphics.com/spanishfever/] anthology looks like it might be amazing, but no preview.
- 8-Year-Old’s Fossil Discovery Explains Why Turtles Have Shells
- How High Can Insects Fly?
- Joss Whedon Would Direct a Black Widow Movie if Marvel Asked
- Brie Larson Confirmed as Captain Marvel
- This Day in History
- Humming birds, even better flyers than we first thought
- Curiosity Rover getting closer to autonomy
- Saturn is really pretty
- Patent holders of Happy Birthday will have to pay their customers back